Great food, beautiful dining room—particularly the ceiling. Forget I shared the other photo.
- The official party line from the Democrats is vote NO on the recall, then stop. Sign the back and mail it in.
- That’s the party line from the San Diego Democrats, at least. I suspect it came down from the state.
- I may deviate from party line and vote for Angelyne in part two because mandatory bubble baths.
- Because the recall election is a shitshow, we could end up with Newsom getting 49+% of the vote and Elder getting 18% and Elder getting sworn in as governor in October.
- If you have any elective medical procedures on the to-do list for this year, get ’em done now. Because we could have a Republican governor in October, and a few weeks after that, hospitals will over capacity, canceling elective procedures, and lining up the refrigerated trucks on the street to hold the excess dead bodies.
- You think that last bit is hyperbole? That’s what’s going on in Texas and Florida, where Republicans are anti-mask and vax mandates because ‘MURRICA.
‘Community Character’ Concerns Are a Veil – a Thin One [Al Abdallah, COO, Urban League of San Diego County/Voice of San Diego]
[Groups] behind the most recent efforts to ostensibly protect “community character” – like those in Kensington, Talmadge, and El Cerrito – have something obvious in common. These are the same communities that used redlining to shut out families of color decades ago.
Here we go again with the name debate and claims of ‘erasing history’ — Charles T. Clark at the San Diego Union-Tribune
People who equate renaming a high school with lynching and bigotry have no idea what real lynching and bigotry are like.